Monday 8 June 2009

Friday 5th June......Went to the nursery again bought a dozen French Beans and a dozen Runner Beans mine have been munched on by the rabbits I'm not sure if they will pick up so I bought some more just in case. I also bought 4 Strawberry plants to add to the couple I already have oh yes and 2 x Roma Tomatoes and 1 x yellowbell (i think that is the name). Put them in the greenhouse.

Saturday 6th June......I went to Camberley to dig up some lavender plants I got 2 they are huge I weeded in front of the fruit frame and planted them hope they are ok it must have been a couple of hours between digging them out to digging them in. I planted the French and the runners they are going to grow up a wigwam, the others are on a straight these went in the same bed as the leeks.

Sunday 7th June......Rain well I think that was an understatement. I decided to go to the allotment but only for a short time as it will be a bit soggy. I tided the greenhouse up removed seedlings that never made it removed the shelves so the cucumber and tomato plants will grow up. Then I planted the tomatoes into a box so I now have a few seedlings ie: Sweet Pepper, Basil, (munched on by slugs) and a couple of others. so now that is tidy.
In the beds went the 4 Strawberry plants, 2 Butternut Squash, 2 Green courgettes and Hopefully 2 Yellow Courgettes (the seeds got mixed up so its wait and see). when I was planting the Squashes I noticed the soil under the surface was still dry after all that rain unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment